Deciding to use an explainer video as a way to explain your business can feel like a big deal! Content, formatting, tone, look and feel – all of these pieces have to fit together just perfect and in a way that leaves your audience knowing what you do and thinking that you are the best choice in achieving the result they want. An explainer video accomplishes your goals in a way other communication method can’t – it’s instructive and entertaining all at once. So, here are a few tips to choose the best explainer video company to market your business:
• Look for quality in your explainer video company. Watch their video and analyze if their work could be on TV. See if you are glued to their video all the way through and if you feel anything approaching a positive emotion during the time. If yes, then you can be sure that you are dealing with the right producer. You can expect to pay more, but, you can also expect to have a superior quality video!
• Know the team at your explainer video company. Animated videos depend on four basic phases: script, illustration, storyboard, and animation. You should expect a high level of service at each of the four phases. For this, it is essential that the entire team of the video company sits down and works together, to weave your story into place. Great videos don’t just happen – it is a collaborative effect. So, find out if your scriptwriter will work on-site or simply provide inputs or is any part of the work outsourced. When the entire team at the video company works together, there will be a spontaneous sharing of ideas and obsessive attention to detail- giving you the best results!
• Ask your explainer video company for story boards from the past. Check if it is detailed and compelling enough. Is it exhaustive, covering every aspect of the script? Is it inventive and original? The same holds good for illustration and animation. Only if you conduct a thorough research about the past work of the production company will you get a picture of what you can expect from them.
• It’s your brand and your money on the line! So, only choose an explainer video company that allows generous revisions at each stage of the video production. Develop a strong collaboration with your producer. And, part of that relationship relies on numerous revisions. In fact, you should expect unlimited revisions on the script and storyboard phases. Getting this right is very crucial for your animated video.
• Look for uniqueness! Some explainer video companies have a cookie-cutter formula for making videos and simply slap on a predefined format for every video, regardless of the type of the business or products. While it is good to have a specific format to complete a task, there should be originality and uniqueness with every video. Only a fresh and unique script or animation can engage the audience and help them connect with your brand.
Use the above tips to find the best explainer video company and create engaging animated videos to market your brand like never before!